Since 1923, Peninsula Building Materials (PBM) has been serving the needs of builders across the Bay Area. Originally located along El Camino Real in Menlo Park, Harry Morey Jr. opened our first yard of specialized building materials and plastering supplies.
Business expanded with the help of Harry’s three sons John, Joe and Kip. With the end of World War Two, Peninsula Building Materials used America’s newly improving interstate highway system to bring a larger selection of materials to their Bay Area clientele. Direct trucking allowed for greater access to diverse products from across the nation. Peninsula made these products available to their customers.
We were even featured on a Sunset Magazine book cover…
As construction in the area expanded, so did Peninsula Building Materials. The South Bay was turning from orchards to neighborhoods, and Peninsula opened a second location in Sunnyvale in 1968 to support builders in this new area. In 1981, Peninsula outgrew their original Menlo Park yard, and moved to a new, larger location in Redwood City. Peninsula Building Materials supplied expanding construction further south with the opening of our San Martin yard in 1989 and to the Tri-Valley area with our fourth yard in Livermore in 2008.
Harry founded Peninsula stressing values of dependable service, quality materials, prompt delivery, large inventory and competitive prices. Today the Morey Family still embraces these commitments.
We welcome you to Peninsula Building Materials. How may we be of service?